As we face a brand new year, unblemished and filled with possibilities, the blocks in our series become simpler. This month's offering, Breezy, takes a step back from the hustle and bustle that was the holiday season and simplifies.
I imagine that the block could be made without paper piecing, but now that you have learned a new skill I can't for the life of me figure out why we shouldn't go right on using it.
- Measures 62" x 86" as described.
- Is made of 24, 12" finished blocks arranged in a 4 x 6 grid.
- Has 2 borders
- Inner border is 1" finished
- Outer border is 6" finished
- Measures 12" finished (is actually 12 1/2" x 12 1/2" before incorporation into the quilt.)
- 4 patch construction - all four patches are the same.
- Paper pieced - if you have been following along, paper piecing should no longer be a big deal to you. Just in case it still scares you please check out my tutorial. I promise the process is not that hard. If you would like additional help let me know. I'd be glad to host a workshop.
This is going to be a fun and breezy...er bubbly... new project for the new year. You add "Coca Cola" red, and coke brown for the other half of the pinwheels, and pale blue (to match the background of the kit fabric) for the lattice bars.
FQG blocks will look like this...
The colors listed below reference the photo of the finished quilt posted above the General Descriptions.
- Red - (FQG - red)
- piece #A, B, C, and D 1 - cut 4, 4 3/4" X 2 3/4"
- Blue - (FQG - brown)
- piece # E, F, G, and H 2 - cut 4, 4 3/4" X 2 3/4"
- White -
- for pinwheels (FQG kit fabric)
- piece #A, B, C, and D 2 - cut 4, 4 3/4" X 2 3/4"
- piece #E, F, G, and H 1 - cut 4, 4 3/4" X 2 3/4"
- for lattice bars (FQG pale blue/matching background of kit fabric)
- piece #E, F, G, and H 3 - cut 4, 9 1/2" X 3 3/4"
FQG - Return your finished blocks to Angie by February 24th, 2015, or bring it to the meeting on that night to be eligible to win all of the blocks. Your new quilt might look something like this....