Sunday, June 10, 2012

Introducing A Circle of Quilty Friends

A Circle of Quilty Friends is my second block of the month set.  As with the first, this set is based on a nine patch construction and depends on the corner block to link all of the blocks in the set together.

"Quilty Friends" (set #1) was designed for my dear friend Kelli.  "A Circle of Quilty Friends" is being designed for the members of the Frisco Quilt Guild.

If you are not a member of the Frisco Quilt Guild, or are and would like to make your own "Circle of QF" quilt, you will need  One yard of each of 5 fabrics.  One dark, two mediums, and two lights.  In my drawings these translated to dark - black; medium - red, grey; light - white and beige.

Unlike the blocks I designed for Kelli and then shared here, these blocks and their quilt have never been shared before.   I'm not sure how it is going to look when it is all fleshed out...however, I don't think you could go wrong with scrappy.  Keep the dark fabric the same throughout your quilt and you should be fine.

Look for the first block in this series during the last weeks of June 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Feel free to leave a comment or question. I'll get back to you as soon as I am able.