Monday, January 9, 2012

First Quarter 2012 - Sneak Peek

Hello Quilty Friends,

Have you looked outside the window today?  If you haven't, don't bother.  It is ghastly...


and not in this creepy cute sort of way.  It is cold and wet and completely uninviting.  Fortunately I don't have to go out in it to purchase fabric.  (Thank You God!)

Month #8 (I'll give you fabric and directions at our Jan meeting) will be a study in reds.  What else would you expect for a project done in February?  "Love Potion" is the block I have in store for us.  The signature corners are grey and white ....

Ruby Cotton Grey Quirky  SKU #55036-13

White Moda Muslin SKU#9946-11

You add reds and cream for the rest of the block.

Block #9 is for all of our friends who love the 1930's prints.  You provide five different 4 1/2 " squares for the center.  I'll give you two greens for the corners.  (Did you expect something else for St. Patrick's Day?)  "Monkey in the Middle" should be a fun scrap-o-ganza.

Bella Solids Etchings Charcoal SKU#9900-171

Sweethearts Aloe Triangle Fiesta SKU#10726-36

We all know that by April the showers have stopped and it is darned near summer...at least in North Texas...unless it isn't and then it is any ones guess what the weather will do.  No matter, these sweet flowers will still be appropriate.  I've purchased these for block #10.  You add anything BUT white and/or Azalea this month.


Ooh-la-la by Dana Brooks for Henry Glass SKU #9310-2

Bella Solids Azalea SKU#9900-144
 I hope you've enjoyed the shopping trip.  Remember you don't need to purchase these fabrics - I posted them to give you something to dream about....and make the post a little more interesting.

See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. Feel free to leave a comment or question. I'll get back to you as soon as I am able.